Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Waiting

Two days ago I typed in my Facebook status. "Tari Turnbow the waiting is the hardest part". As I typed it, I sang the wonderful Tom Petty song. I smiled even though I didn't feel like smiling. The next day a good friend from what feels like a past life (miss you, Monte) commented: "waiting for what" I almost didn't reply, it could be taken as a rhetorical question. The person who left the comment wouldn't get all chapped had I not replied. But I started typing anyway. I knew as soon as I started, too much was gonna come out. I realized much of my life has been spent waiting. I don't mean literally waiting in line for the movies, or a concert. But really just waiting for the next thing that is supposed to happen, happen. I don't want to get into too much detail, and make this WAY too personal, but I don't want to wait for things to happen anymore.

I want to make things happen. I want to do things.

That's a big reason why we moved to Germany. Looking back, that's also a big reason why we moved to Utah. I have to change my outlook on life. Life is not waiting around for things to be marked complete. I want to live more for now, and today and probably tomorrow and a little of next week. But I won't wait around for next month when our belongings get here...and feel like then we can start enjoying our time here. We are here!! Nothing alters that. Yeah, things are still temporary feeling. Sleeping on borrowed beds, using borrowed dinning set, couch, etc. Its weird, but only as weird as we make it. Its good to always have something to look forward to, but not if it hampers what you are doing right now.

Whoa, I feel so inspirational. :)

I don't know who said this quote. I read it for the first time on my Mom's FB profile. Isn't it ironic?

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain"

1 comment:

  1. I agree with my beautiful wife. We have the basics of what we need to survive....and the opportunity to really live. If you walk always looking at the horizon you miss the beauty of what's right in front of you.

    ReplyDelete